The countown is on for the biggest Finnish festival in Canada. Have you made your plans yet?
You won't want to miss:
• 3 dances, including Kauhava Big Band tribute to tango king Olavi Virta
• Kielon Jäähyväiset, a musical love story and tribute to Finnish war vets
• 2 stages to showcase local and international talent with Finnish roots
• 20 musical acts and counting including...
• recording artists Kellarissa, Ari Lähdekorpi, Janus Hanski, Ulla Suokko
• 7 lectures including...
• published authors Eric Tamm, Paula Wild, Ernest Hekkanen
• music from tangos to jazz to spiritual to pop to pelimanni to folk
• open-air ecumenical worship service
• Kyykkä, golf, wife-carrying, Grouse Grind
• opportunity to shop for "Made in Finland" products at the Tori
• pulla, karjalan piirakka, hernesoppa
Go to www.finnwest2011.com for more info. Mail your early bird registration within the next 40 days for a great deal! And tell your friends about it!